FIBRELIGHT MOB Recovery CradleCFIKITCRADLE 2M
This item has a $125 Residential Delivery Fee for non-commercial shipping addresses. Learn More
The Fibrelight Cradle is a SOLAS approved ‘Man Overboard Recovery Device’ that has the versatility to recover casualties into many different types and sizes of vessels. The Fibrelight Cradle maritime recovery system can be operated by a single crewmember and can also serve as a boarding ladder, scramble net and stretcher. The Fibrelight Cradle is lighter, more compact and more versatile than any comparable devices on the market. The Cradle requires only regular inspections and minimal maintenance, so there is no requirement to pay for annual servicing. The Cradle has been primarily designed for use by rescue craft, rigid inflatables, ship lifeboats and marinas, however, it is currently in use in many other vessels and industries. The Fibrelight Cradle enables MOB recovery by one end of the Cradle being secured to the craft and the outboard end being held away from the boat by hand, boat hook or bridle. The MOB is then guided into the Cradle and once securely in the outboard end of the Cradle is then hauled in rung by rung. Using this par buckling action the MOB is safely rolled up and over the side of the craft. The Fibrelight Cradles are now a key feature of the safety equipment on the new Carnival flagship Britannia.
*Please Note*- Fibrelight Cradles are not stocked items and it may take upwards of 4 - 6 weeks for delivery.
- SOLAS Approved
- Lightweight; up to 50% lighter than competitors
- Compact and easy to stow
- Easy to use
- No Annual servicing requirement
- No parts to corrode or degrade in sea water.
- PU Coated polyester webbing, reinforced with 10mm carbon fiber rods
- Width - 1.3m
- Lengths - 2m to 7m
- Weight - 1.6kg per meter
- UK Patent GB2451127
- European Patent 2178743
- US Patent 89055803
- Certificate of Design Registration (IPO) 4028064 SOLAS Certificate number SAS S100150 The standard dimensions are 1.3 meres wide by lengths of 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 meters, however bespoke sizes are available to suit the customers’ needs. A 3m Cradle weights as little as 5 kilograms. Recommended size of the Cradle should be at least double the length of the freeboard height, to allow the Cradle to reach the water and the outboard end of the Cradle to be held at deck height.
- Attachment Strips Triple @ $85.46
- Extended Pole & Hook @ $284.88