Weems & Plath
Sirius Signal Electronic Distress LightCWEC1001
The SOS Distress Light is the first and ONLY LED Visual Distress Signal Device that meets U.S. Coast Guard requirements to completely replace traditional pyrotechnic flares. Unlike traditional flares, this electric flare never expires which solves the challenge of flare disposal.
This floating LED marine flare can be hand-held, tethered, or hoisted aloft. It runs up to 60 hours, unlike traditional flares which last minutes or less.
- Complies with all U.S. Coast Guard requirements for “Night Visual Distress Signals” as found in the Code of Federal Regulations: 46 CFR 161.013
- LED flare flashes ONLY the SOS light sequence
- When combined with a daytime distress signal flag (included in package),this electric flare meetsALL USCG Federal Requirements for DAY and NIGHT use in lieu of traditional flares
- Floats with lens-up to optimize both the all-around horizontal and vertical light beams
- No expiration or disposal issues
- Family and boat SAFE – no flame!
- SIMPLE twist-on operation
- Visible up to 10 nautical miles
- Battery-operated (3 C-cell Alkaline batteries, not included)
- Made in U.S.A.
- Patent Numbers: 9,171,436 and D720,247