SOS Dan Buoy is a compact, self-contained device, specifically designed to make rescue and recovery, simpler operation. There is no need to set or activate the SOS Dan Buoy, just throw it into the water, towards the person overboard.
- Ready-to-go man overboard equipment.
- SOS Dan Buoy is packed into a portable valise-compact, ready for use. Tested to elements of ISO 12402.
- Self-contained disposable CO2 inflation system, the same mechanism as an inflatable lifejacket.
- , large drogue (120cm circumference, 60cm long) to reduce downwind drift. Designed along life raft specifications.
- The SOS Dan Buoy marker allows the person overboard to place their arms through the webbing loops, giving an extra sense of security and stability, especially when fatigued, until help arrives.
- SOS Marine has made every effort to augment visibility. The fluorescent yellow, 2.5 metre streaming ribbon waves back and forth in a breeze, allowing it to be seen up to 1700 meters.
- Fitted with an automatic SOLAS light for night rescues and SOLAS grade high-visibility, retro-reflective tape.
- Easy maintenance and service. Lightweight (weighs, kilos) and compact for transport and stowing on all vessels.
- Service Window: provides the added benefit of detecting, at a glance, that the SOS Dan Buoy is set to go. There is also, service reminder inside the flap.
- Reusable and repackable, only requires a 33gram replacement cylinder and an activation cartridge.
The SOS Dan Buoy has the extra benefit of removing the drogue and attaching an anchor, so it can then be used as a temporary marker for wrecks, channels, and dive or crash sites, at sea.
- SOS Dan Buoy is smaller than a tackle box; extremely beneficial for safety in small boats, like the fisherman's tinny.
Our Dan Buoys feature the latest "Pro Elite" Sensor Actuators.