The Pains Wessex Linethrower 250 is a self-contained single-shot, line-throwing appliance that is fully compliant with the latest international United States Coast Guard (USCG) and SOLAS/MED regulations. It can be used for ship-to-shore, shore-to-ship, and ship-to-ship line-throwing. Typically four units are required to be carried on SOLAS vessels.
The body is a plastic line container with integral striker, and the rocket uses a solid propellant to guarantee a highly accurate flight path even in strong side-winds.
- Contains 250m of 4mm-diameter line
- Minimum line-throwing range of 750 feet
- Line breaking strain of 2kN
- -22°F to 149°F operating temperature range
- -22°F to 167°F storage temperature range
- Rocket has 3-year storage life, body should be replaced after third rocket replacement (9 years)
- Body is non-hazardous for transport without rocket fitted