With a minimum light intensity of 3 candelas throughout its entire operating life, this high intensity LED strobe clearly marks a crew-overboard site with each brilliant flash. It automatically rights itself and activates when in the water, ensuring that activation is never an issue that a crew member in distress needs to worry about. The SM-3 operates on 2 AA Lithium batteries and the batteries are user replaceable, allowing the potential for a longer product life than the many disposable lifebuoy lights on the market.
The supplied mounting bracket holds the SM-3 secure in the roughest of conditions but it is still readily accessible when needed in an emergency. Additionally, while the SM-3 and its bracket are significantly smaller than the SM-2 counterparts, the SM-3 bracket conveniently maintains the same mounting hole pattern as the SM-2, allowing for easy retrofit with no additional adapter plate required.
The SM-3 is USCG/MED/SOLAS approved for use around the world and this durable LED marker light therefore provides an excellent option for vessels needing to meet USCG and SOLAS carriage requirements for lifebuoy self-igniting lights. As per USCG and SOLAS requirements for passenger and cargo vessels, at least one-half of the total number of lifebuoys on the vessel must be fitted with a self-igniting light. Minimum carriage requirements are based on the length of the vessel and can range from a minimum of four to a minimum of fifteen lifebuoys with self-igniting lights per vessel.
Rugged design leads to greater flexibility of use. While the SOLAS standard only calls for a 30-meter drop test, the SM-3 has been drop tested to 76 meters. This makes the SM-3 a versatile option for use on a variety of platforms or vessels of different sizes.
With its easily replaceable Lithium AA battery power source, the SM-3 will give years of service and be ready when called upon.
Features and Benefits:
- Bright light in all directions (360° visibility)
- UV resistant polycarbonate case
- Light weight and compact in size
- Easy bracket installation
- Bracket is included and maintains same hole pattern as SM-2 for easy retrofit
- Automatically rights itself and activates when in the water
- High intensity LED strobe
- Floats upright in all conditions
- Minimum 40 hours continuous operating life at 30oC (86oF) or over 24 hours at -1oC (30oF)
- User Replaceable AA Energizer L91 Lithium Batteries (Not Included)