Sta-Plug® Mini™ is Forespar’s new form fitting emergency plug. All the benefits of the standard Sta-Plug® in a smaller, compact size.
A soft cone shaped design allows it to easily fill the irregular shapes of hull impact breaches, as well as any round hole leak from a hose or through-hull. Unique edge gripping riblets help hold the plug in a hole, keeping water out.
The riblets help Sta-Plug® conform to the shape of the hole, sealing a leak near the edge where a tight fit is crucial, and holding the plug more securely in place. Different by design, Sta-Plug’s™ shape includes a series of concentrically larger riblets stepped along the length of the cone. It’s The Emergency Plug that Grips™!
Using the Sta-Plug® Mini™ could not be any easier! Simply squeeze the Sta-Plug® Mini™ into any hole or hose. You can push it into a hole by hand or using a tool.
These riblets offer two big advantages over traditional straight edged emergency plugs:
- They help Sta-Plug® conform to the hole near the edge where a tight fit is most crucial.
- They help hold it more securely in place.
- Twist and compress by hand to insert into hole.
- Expands after insertion to hold in place.
Intended for temporary emergency use with continuous monitoring only, it gives the skipper greater peace-of-mind to allow them to focus on getting the boat to safety.
Made from high strength elastomer composites (rubber-like), Sta-Plug® Mini™ will remain soft and ready to go for years and will not mold or swell up like conventional wood plugs.
- Made from strong elastomer composites not susceptible to mold or swelling.
- Bright color allows it to be quickly located in an emergency.
- Meets US Sailing Special Equipment Requirements and equipped with a lanyard hole.
- Dimensions: 4” (10cm) high, 2” (5cm) diameter at base.
- Made right here in the USA.
- NOT INTENDED FOR FUEL LEAKS.