ORION Floating Locator Electronic SOS Beacon Kit
The Orion Electronic SOS Beacon Locator Kit is an excellent alternative to traditional flares for use during the day or night.
In an emergency, this electronic beacon flashes a bright SOS distress signal in Morse Code. The signal flashes two times longer than the US Coast Guard continuous run-time requirement and at a constant light intensity two and a half times longer. This light source remains a full four inches above the waterline while floating. Next, it also has SOLAS grade reflective tape at the waterline for extra visibility and an orange distress flag for daytime.
A waterproof on-off switch is easy and intuitive to operate while the waterproof microprocessor electronics are fully encapsulated for trouble-free use. Also, the battery compartment is sealed with a double O-ring closure. The beacon operates on two D cell batteries and it even lets you know if the batteries need replacing. Plus, its high impact, durable ABS plastic unibody features a high visibility orange color so you can find it quickly.
Finally, you have several options for deploying the beacon in an emergency. Drop it overboard and it self-rights and floats. Hold it in your hand. Its molded-in plastic grips are even easy to hold when wet. Or hang it from a visible location on your boat with the top and bottom lanyards.
- Packed in a reusable storage container so it's handy when you need it
- Light source extends over 4” above waterline increasing visibility
- Complies with all U.S. Coast Guard requirements for "Night Visual Distress Signals" as found in the Code of Federal Regulations: 46 CFR 161.013
- Visible for 3 miles based on line of sight measurement
- SOLAS grade reflective tape at the waterline
- Waterproof casing and it floats
- Easy and intuitive to use
- Low battery indicator function
- High impact, high visibility orange ABS plastic construction
- Encapsulated microprocessor electronics
- Multiple deployment options
- Handheld-molded in plastic grips
- Hanging capability with provided lanyards
- Independently tested by U.S. Coast Guard Approved Imanna Labs
- Distress Flag, constructed of weather resistant vinyl and printed with internationally recognized distress graphic complies with U.S. Coast Guard Requirements in 33CFR 175.130 for Daytime Signaling
- Measure 12" H x 5.5" Dia., 1.5 lbs
- Burn time is over 50 hours of continuous operation
- Illuminates up to 75 Candela of brightness