Pains Wessex Parachute Red Rocket
This item has a $45 Hazmat Shipping Fee that will be added at checkout. Learn More
The Pains Wessex Parachute Red Rocket is a day or night long-range distress signal that conforms to SOLAS 74/88 as amended. Designed to withstand exceptional environmental exposure and to perform reliably even after immersion in water, the pull-wire ignitor and improved grip provide easy handling.
Twelve should be carried on the ship's bridge and four are required in a ship's lifeboats and liferafts. They are also suitable for use in other commercial and recreational boats.
To use: remove red end cap. Hold firmly, vertically above the head at arm's length. Turn the head away and pull the toggle. A rocket is ejected instantaneously with a loud report and slight recoil. Be careful not to direct towards people or property.
- Approved to latest worldwide SOLAS specification
- Ejects a red flare on a parachute at 300m (985 ft)
- Burns for minimum of 40 seconds at minimum 30,000 candela
- Length: 295mm (11.6”)
- Light intensity: 30,000 candela
- Burning time: 40 seconds
- Diameter at handle: 38mm (1.5”)
- Diameter: 32mm (1.25”)
- Colour of light: red
- Weight: 235g (8.23 oz)
- Ignition: pull-wire ignitor
- Net explosive content: 84g (2.94 oz)